Thursday 30 September 2010

photos and walking

today i went walking around my hood again. It was curious to work out that the plastic sheeting in the rubbish tip areas are actually tent like structures that people sleep in. Found taking photos okay. People were generally friendly and i didn't feel threatened - people are really nice.

I like the hand made structures for drying clothes. like how things are tied. Like how they unintentionally make abstract paintings of layers of found board or tape over holes. purpose - where i just see abstract art.

Got confused again;

I wanted to paint or draw representationally again
maybe just draw bits that i like - like the repeated patterns of lamp post things, or the weave of the baskets, of observational drawings of tied things, like the elastic that they use.

Wanted to make things myself - but also want to draw stuff in a traditionally way - like colour and like mixing paint - but not sure if I should be painting of just taking photos??

I think way too much - and should be reading what other people say when they think about their practice.

I don't care that re looking at modernism is done to death. - there is more for me to do and that's all that counts.

interested in humanism - but I'm sort of a hypocrit - i don't like people really their mental space is too heavy on my brain, i like thinking about what they have left behind - their objects.

No comments:

Labels