Saturday 25 September 2010

Big things or Small things

Been thinking about big gestures. The grand colour field paintings of abstract expressionism. Can't do it, tried it just doesn't fit with what I like. Feel like my works should be big but with pieces of paper and small lines they don't look right, they look tried to hard or pictures of pictures.

feel freer about making at the moment.

liking non functional things that look like they have a sort of purpose.

I like agnes martin but not the big paintings.

Feel like I should look at Richard tuttle again. - i like paint and I like paper, and wood and bits of string.

I don't to be avantgarde but backwards. Something old and reused - something stayed. I like rusted things. Everything is new - everybody is buying new reusable bags. I don't see old bags - just new reusable ones.

No comments:

Labels