Wednesday 17 March 2010

Warhol might like it

cut lines instead of drawn lines - getting away from the trace of the human gesture, but still unable to escape from it as the real trace is the cut and the placement.





with the first one I was just exploring cutting and layering. I like how the light made the lines.
with the second I wanted to lift off the surface by adding a different tone - not sure about it here but another avenue to explore.
the third one i like. I like the sparseness but need to have some longer lines - too many of the lines are all the same
with the 4th I wanted to explore density and a bit more energy - prefer in real life holding as you can move it in the light creating different amounts of shadow. In this one it was interesting to cut off the lines that extended beyond the frame [photography's influence]

No comments:

Labels