Thursday 5 November 2009

todays lines and more lines and some rectangles


Today, like yesterday I was struck by how much I liked the debris around rubbed out pencils lines, or just the effect before you brush away or the tiny pieces of used up rubber. Sort of reminds me of ploughed fields.

Went on to do lots of lines. Trying to generate space, but a subtly too. Not such much vanishing point but lines going across akin to lined paper, but not as regular. Keep thinking of SciFi movies for some reason. Anyway partly pleased with todays piece. Again I am going back to diagrams on paper as apposed to works that are purely photographs in their own right.



Though these look perspectival, the camera is just on the surface paper. The work is just lines going across the page with a rectangle or a square at each lines end.
Rather liked the white on the cream paper. The white paint that I have isn't white enough for my white paper, comes out cream and not the coolness that I want. On cream paper it works fine.  This moves me on nicely to my next post.

No comments:

Labels