Monday 5 October 2009

Progress


currently giving myself 1/10 for progress. Not really pleased with my images. I did some more with string yesterday but not crazy about them.

I have been checking out Paul Sietsema's images on the internet. I saw and really liked one of his videos at the Berlin Beinialle last year. I couldn't see enough of his drawings, but liked the simplicity of them, and the foundness of them. Still feel that I have something different to contribute. Though I like found stuff, sometimes I find the sentimentality attached to them an aesthetic that makes me cringe, and a strange sort of insipid kitsch.

Today is going to be super art day. Mainly going to be cutting things, and less photographing, I think, but I just can't help it, even if the light isn't perfect I still want to photo beautiful arrangements. Looking forward to buying more paper, as today I have to use up all my paper - but in a painfully minimal way that feels that I haven't finished.

No comments:

Labels