Tuesday 2 December 2008

Residency at the Studio

ok, so first day was yesterday. I arrived feeling very uncreative. In the space were two female individuals who's attention was placed inside another spacial dimension, one the computer screen (the back lit world, someone else said this first), two, the internet within that screen, and three, the sound scape produced by putting headphones on. I was stuck in the actual space of the room, as my ipod had run out of battery.
Then searching inside my bag, my personal private only particially visible space found the things that I had previously remembered placing in there and some new ones which I had forgotten were there. Out of their hidding place I took out some paper and various drawing impliments. Then started to investigate the space. I had thought previously of thinking of the space as an science project tracking who and what is in it, or what could be here as the furniture in the room is at odds with its actual usage. This sort undercover investigation science project is the mind set that I entered the space with. I wanted to hide things in the space. Conceal things.

No comments:

Labels